[Geany-devel] Search in files & encodings

Walery Studennikov despairr at xxxxx
Wed Nov 12 04:39:27 UTC 2008

Hi.

There is a problem with "Search in files" when searching text in
non-latin charsets
and current locale charset is different from charset of files in the project.
For example, charset of files is cp1251 and current locale is utf8.

May be we can introduce new option "charset" in Project options
and so we should be able to recode files while performing a search?

May be there is an another solution for the problem, but now
the problem seems to be unsolvable and we are forced to use external tools
for that task (such as Midnight commander, for instance ;).

--
Walery Studennikov
http://www.reg.ru/