[Geany-devel] Committed Project Build Commands to build-system branch

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Nov 11 03:16:19 UTC 2008

2008/11/11 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>

> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:00:09 +0000, Nick Treleaven
> <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 17:02:48 +1100
> >"Lex Trotman" <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks, but I don't like the existing code being reformatted with
> >different alignment really. What are the options you used?

Attached the config file, the only setting that seems to touch things you
don't want is indent_func_call_param which is true/false selecting indent
one level or indent to open parens.  Quite frankly I found the indent one
level awful so I picked open parens.  There seems no way of turning it off
which is what we want.

> Additionally, I can't really understand your(Lex) troubles with the
> indentation at all. It's pretty simple: we use tabs with a tab width of
> 4 characters. This is IMO the most simplest form of indentation at all.
> I never had the need of using an external code formatter for this type
> (for writing new code).

The indentation problem only existed because the first version committed had
mixed indentation, I am not sure but maybe it was a 0.14 problem with the
setting, since I installed 0.15 everything is coming up tabs.  Hopefully
this is fixed.

My real reason for suggesting a formatter was not for indentation but for
other areas of the code eg spaces around ()s other operators etc.  I was
simply trying to ensure that my code matched your expectations taking into
account that the format is different to what I use most of the time, and
being human I am going to get it wrong sometimes, no matter how often I
re-read it.  Using a formatter was a way of fixing that, but unfortunately
they all seemed to have side effects.  The one I suggested simply had the
least.