[Geany-devel] C/C++ Header filetype (Re: Committed Project Build Commands to build-system branch)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Nov 10 17:42:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:53:57 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >Maybe they could just be detected as C++.
>
> This would only solve the problem of highlighting, but we still can't
> auto detect if the opened .h file is C or C++. Opening a C header file
> as C++ should highlight it fine but all symbols in this file are
> missing in other C files for auto completion, same when opening a C++
> header file as C.

Yes, I forgot about that.

Lex: C++ filetypes can see C symbol tags, but not vice versa, so we
assume *.h is a C file. But if there is some semi-standard magic string
detection for marking *.h as C++, that would be fine to implement (as
you mentioned).

Regards,
Nick