[Geany] GeanyLua plug-in "prefix" key?

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Fri Jan 18 05:25:56 UTC 2008

I think that a good way to access GeanyLua plug-ins via the keyboard
would be to have one main GeanyLua key binding that you could hit to
get GeanyLua to listen for the *next* key and then run the appropriate
plug-in for you from there. That is, use a "prefix key". For example,
you could use the letter 'r' to reach `reverse.lua`, and get to it by
hitting a prefix key combo like, say, Ctrl-!. The whole command would
then be: Ctrl-! r (hit Ctrl-!, release, then tap 'r').

The main idea is, I'd rather not play games trying to find unused key
combos for every Lua plug-in script that I plan on using regularly.
And I want to be able to access these regularly-used plug-ins very
quickly via the keyboard.

Can I get the main GeanyLua plug-in to respond to one main key combo
like that (ex. Ctrl-!)? And, if so, any recommendations on how I could
then make it hand-off to the selected Lua script after I hit the next
key?

Thanks,
---John