[Geany] GeanyLua plug-in "prefix" key?

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Fri Jan 18 11:11:36 UTC 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 11:25 PM, John Gabriele <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that a good way to access GeanyLua plug-ins via the keyboard
> would be to have one main GeanyLua key binding that you could hit to
> get GeanyLua to listen for the *next* key and then run the appropriate
> plug-in for you from there.

Hello, John -

There is currently no way that I know of to accomplish
this. The closest you could come is with the menu
accelerators/mnemonics, e.g. if you create the file:

~/.geany/plugins/geanylua/_hello.lua

 - then you could type Alt+T,L,H to get to the script.

Of course that's not an ideal solution, since it means
either putting lots of files in the top-level script
folder, or adding another key into the chain to activate
the sub-menu, e.g.

~/.geany/plugins/geanylua/_greetings/_hello.lua

- would require typing Alt+T,L,G,H

( And this also means you have the menus flashing about,
which can be distracting. )

But I do think you have a good idea and I will try to look
into it. I am guessing this would have to be done at the
lower (GDK) rather than the higher (GTK) level, which is
something I'm not too familiar with...

 - Jeff