[Geany] [BUG] show/hide hidden files in "Open" and "Save" file dialogs

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Fri Jan 18 03:57:29 UTC 2008

There seems to be some inconsistencies in both the "Open" and the
"Save" file dialogs, and at least one weird bug.

The Open dialog:

The Open dialog shows a checkbox to "Show hidden files". You can use
either this checkbox, or else you can right-click in the main pane to
show/hide hidden files. One small issue I notice is that when I use
the right-click method of changing the hidden-file view, the lower
checkbox does not get updated until I click in the main pane. Not a
big deal at all, and everything else here works, but I thought I'd
mention it.

The Save dialog:

The Save dialog differs from the Open dialog. It has a checkbox in the
dialog for "Open file in new tab", which doesn't seem to apply here
(since we're saving a file, not opening one). Checking this checkbox
grays out the "Rename" button (it's not entirely obvious to me why
there's a Rename button in the save dialog ... if I wanted to rename
the file, I'd use "File --> Save as", no?).

The Save dialog (bigger bug):

If I create a new file (Ctrl-N), type a few characters (or not), then
go to save it (Ctrl-S), in that save dialog, if I then right-click to
show/hide hidden files, toggling it on and off then shows me *only*
files and directories starting with a dot (opposite of what's
expected). This bug only happens when the dialog starts of showing me
hidden files (that is, if I previously had told it to show me hidden
files).

---John