[Geany] Scheduled outage on Friday, 18.01.2008

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jan 31 13:22:53 UTC 2008

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 09:44:42 +0100, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:21:29 +0100, Enrico Tröger
> <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > just for your interest:
> > on Friday, 18.01.2008 about 14:00 UTC uvena.de(the server where this
> > list is hosted) will be down for a system upgrade and some
> > maintenance work.
>
> The upgrade had to be delayed, so all is working still as it was and
> nothing has changed.
> I'm not yet sure about the next date but I will try to keep the
> downtime as small as minimal, ideally nobody will notice it at
> all ;-).
Finally, uvena.de moved to a new server with a little more power, more
RAM and Debian Etch ;-).
I had some trouble getting mailman(the software to manage this mailing
list) to run but it seems to work now.
The new system is running since yesterday but due to caching DNS servers
and other things which worked against me, the host wasn't
completely reachable but this should be solved now.

If anyone has still problems, just mail me.
Sorry for any inconveniences, this update was really necessary.