[Geany] Pondering Possible Python Plugin

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jan 9 13:56:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:10:23 -0600, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
<yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like there is some basic documentation here:
>
>   http://docs.python.org/ext/ext.html
>

> It might also be interesting to cram the Geany headers
> into SWIG, and see what comes out the other end:
>
>   http://swig.sourceforge.net/
I played with SWIG but never came to anything useful.
Unfortunately for some reason I deleted all my test things and so I
can't really say what I had tried and how. Shame on me.

> I downloaded this "lunatic" thing, and it looks *very* cool,
> but the concept of loading an interpreter inside another
> intreperter inside a plugin inside an application might take
> me a little time to digest:
Huh, C -> Python -> Lua? I guess there are better ways to waste CPU
time ;-). Maybe "cat /dev/urandom | bzip2 >/dev/null".