[Geany] Pondering Possible Python Plugin

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Tue Jan 8 01:10:23 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 3:25 PM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> Btw, I would like to work on the Python integration
> but still no idea how. If anyone has any experiences
> with that or know a good resource of documentation,
> feel free to post it(in a new thread please).

First let me qualify this by saying I know
absolutely nothing about Python, but...

It looks like there is some basic documentation here:

  http://docs.python.org/ext/ext.html

It might also be interesting to cram the Geany headers
into SWIG, and see what comes out the other end:

  http://swig.sourceforge.net/

I downloaded this "lunatic" thing, and it looks *very* cool,
but the concept of loading an interpreter inside another
intreperter inside a plugin inside an application might take
me a little time to digest:

  http://labix.org/lunatic-python

Good Luck!

 - Jeff