[Geany-Users] dollar symbol colour

Ray Andrews rayandrews at xxxxx
Sun Sep 12 16:14:51 UTC 2021

On 2021-09-12 5:08 a.m., rhkramer at gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, September 11, 2021 05:40:11 PM Chris wrote:
>
> So I'd like to suggest to you (Chris) that you consider posting both a
> screenshot
Just uploaded to the site Chris gave me.

> agrees.
>
> I don't know how much space font file(s) take up (nor do I know whether it is
> one file or several (one for bold, one for not bold, maybe files for various
> font sizes??).
It's just one file, size is 340272, not much different than stock. In
Geany there seems to be no issues with the bold font because AFAICT
bolding is only used for keywords which never give any confusions.  IOW
I get all the clarity I want with just DejaVuSansMono.ttf modified.

> Ray: How much space do the font files take up, and are you willing to let Chris
> put them on his site (assuming he agrees).
Heck yes.  It's just a few modifications unexpertly done.  Fontforge is
very confusing and the fonts themselves are monstrously complicated.  I
just dragged a few points around, an expert would probably laugh at it.
What would be cool is if an expert was inspired by my hack and did it
properly.  Dunno, maybe I'm violating DevaVu's copyright or something
and they'll have me arrested ;-)

> If not, I'm assuming there is some place that would host those files (for free)
> if you agree.
>
> Hmm, do you have a license on the fonts?  Which?
Nothing.  Free for the taking.  Public domain.  (Again, if DejaVu
doesn't mind.)