[Geany-Users] Themes: Authoring & Editing

Alan Becker beckera at xxxxx
Mon Oct 4 17:08:29 UTC 2021

I am a Linux Mint user, and for some time, my primary text editor has
been Xed, which is the default in Mint.  I found a color scheme I like
pretty well (Cobalt), but Xed is missing a key feature that I have been
hoping would be implemented for some time:  Xed does not have an option
or feature to save open tabs on exit, and restore them when re-opening
Xed.  There is a feature request for this function that has been open
since May of 2018, with no action.  So I gave up and started looking
elsewhere, and have pretty well settled on Geany.

I found the themes on github, downloaded and installed them.  I brought
up a variety of documents and scripts and tried the various (Dark)
themes.  Unfortunately, my eyes are old, and none of the dark themes
seemed to provide enough contrast to be readily readable for me.  I have
started to modify the "Ralesk's MC" theme, as it seemed a reasonable
starting point.

I have looked (unsuccessfully to this point) for documentation on the
format of the Theme .conf files.  Has such documentation been written?
Could someone post a link to any suitable information on this topic, if
it exists?

TIA,  Alan Becker