[Geany-Users] mouse paste

Ray Andrews rayandrews at xxxxx
Fri Feb 5 18:03:55 UTC 2021

On 2021-02-05 9:21 a.m., Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 05/02/2021 à 16:32, Ray Andrews a écrit :
>> Why is it that normal use of the left button to highlight and then the
>> center button to paste works between windows but not within a window?
>> You can paste into Geany, out of Geany, between different Geany windows,
>> but not within a given window.
> Works for me in GNOME/X11, and I use it all the time.
That's good to know, it must be some glitch here.
That's good to know, it must be some glitch here.
... but as I just tested, that it's only an issue in Geany, other progs
are fine.

> What OS/DE/display server are you using?  We heard of mouse paste
> problems with Wayland, so that might be it.  We for now weren't able to
> debug it, and it's likely to be an issue within Scintilla.
Debian stable, Xfce.  Not Wayland.  AFAICT whatever my video is, it's
whatever is stock, I never tried to change anything.  How do I find what
my 'X' level is?
> Also, does the middle-mouse paste work in other area than the main
> editor?  e.g. search entries, etc.
Nuts, I never use that but I do remember it.  How do I bring it up?
I'm only coding in zsh these days so I never get to use Geany's Build
tools or anything like that.
BTW, when I do want to copy and paste using the mouse I'm in the habit
of opening the same doc in a new window and just highlighting and
pasting from one window to the next -- that works fine.