[Geany-Users] Can't figure out "Project Organizer"

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Sat Aug 7 12:05:15 UTC 2021

Hi Grant,

as Lex mentioned, Project Organizer doesn't show symbols of all files -
that would be way too many symbols to display for big projects. The Project
tab in the sidebar shows all the files belonging to the project - that is,
those files that match the "file patterns" and are inside the "base path"
that you specify in project properties. When you enable indexing of the
whole project, Ctrl+clicking a symbol (e.g. a function name) works
project-wide and takes you to the function declaration even when the file
isn't open. You can also use Project->Find Project Symbol and here you can
enter the name of the symbol you are looking for (you can set custom
keybinding to this menu entry if you need this frequently).

Cheers,

Jiri