[Geany-Users] automatically show "Read Only" when opening root owned

bendov at gmx.com bendov at xxxxx
Thu Oct 29 06:15:29 UTC 2020

On 9/12/20 9:00 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> /With the styling and the status bar, they just show the document read
> only setting so will not show anything if a system file is loaded, //*or are you saying they don't work if you set the document read only
> in the UI?*/
>
> Cheers
> Lex
Meant to get back sooner - covid-19 & other stuff going on.
In answer to your question (highlighted), yes, uh no, uh... maybe?

I want Geany to automatically show if a file was opened w/o correct
permissions to edit & save in same path, the way many editors do.
In Geany, you have to *manually* go into a menu to mark it RO.  If you
opened a file w/o correct permissions, it is read only, as far as
editing & saving it to the same location.

Apparently Geany doesn't have prefs to automatically change tab style
for files opened as RO?

Many editors allow preferences to change tab BG and / or font color for
files opened as RO.  The editors that offer such prefs, probably do it
for a reason.
Thanks.