[Geany-Users] JavaScript and class syntax

Claude Paroz claude at xxxxx
Fri Oct 23 06:46:24 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm currently using Geany 1.33 (from Debian stable) and I'm very annoyed
by the Symbols pane not showing properly class hierarchy when using the
JavaScript class syntax, like:

class MyClass {
     constructor(param) {}
     otherFunc() {...}
}

I'm only getting a single "class" symbol (for all classes) and cannot
browse anything inside it.

Is this something fixed in recent versions of Geany (or any underlying
library)? Is it possible to do anything to improve my current situation
while staying with the Debian stable version or do I have to compile
some sources?

Thanks for any help.

Claude
--