[Geany-Users] running scripts close on hitting F5

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Oct 21 18:16:01 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 21.10.20 16:56, Rajarshi Saha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Debian 10.6, Geany 1.33.
>
> I use Geany to run various scripts by hitting F5. I am not sure what
> version I was on before, but now suppose I have a script running. Then
> later from the same window (instance?) if I want to start another script
> and I hit F5, it kills all my running scripts that I have starter from
> Geany by hitting F5. Usually I have two instances of Geany running and
> trying to start a script from any one window kills other running scripts.
>
> To note, I can start a bunch on scripts together. Running scripts get
> closed when I try to start another script after sometime.
>
> The scripts usually are php scripts and I do my day-end database ops,
> when the scripts get killed I have to open mariadb and monitor
> processlist, wait for long running queries to finish before I can
> trigger the rest of the queries.
>
> What can do to solve this?

I guess this is caused by the fact that geany is creating a temp.
run-script by default. If you are using two instances than those scripts
might get overwritten by each other -- at least it's what I can imagine
as a possible root cause. Maybe give it a try:
Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Terminal and check "Execute programs in
VTE". Given you have libvte installed on your system that should help a
little.

.f