[Geany-Users] CannotReduceTemplatesFiles

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Oct 16 20:37:37 UTC 2020

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 at 02:25, Geoff Kaniuk <geoff at kaniuk.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello Geany List,
>
> I am running Geany 1.36 (GTK2) - built from source.  The system
> templates located at /usr/local/share/geany/templates/files contains 13
> templates.  I have reduced my ~/.config/geany/templates/files to just 7
> files.
>
> When I create a new file via File>New(with Template), I am offered 20
> files, but I was expecting my simplified list.
>
> Is there any other configuration I am missing?

The list presented is the sum of the system and your local templates.
The idea is for you to add extra templates locally,  You would have to
delete system templates to reduce it, but of course they will come
back next install.