[Geany-Users] help - a link to a relative simple tutorial for a setup to do a "make" of Raspberry PI 2020-08-2020-raspios-buster-armhf-full

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Nov 13 23:13:05 UTC 2020

Robert,

Couple of comments to add to Geoffs comments.

1) you don't configure anything in an existing Geany to build Geany,
else where would we start :)  As Geoffs references say, its a totally
command line operation.

2) You didn't say where you got  the source, but use the tarball
source code instead of cloning github if you just want to build.  The
tarball has a few things pre-built so you need less tools.

3) be aware you need _development_ packages of some of the libraries
which Debian based distros make separate from the runtime packages, eg
GTK.

4) I'm not Pi literate so can't give any specific directions, and also
Geany is not tested (at least by the devs) on ARM processors.