[Geany-Users] help - a link to a relative simple tutorial for a setup to do a "make" of Raspberry PI 2020-08-2020-raspios-buster-armhf-full

Robert L. Miers PE rmiers at xxxxx
Fri Nov 13 14:27:38 UTC 2020

Greetings all,

1st of all I want to give Lex kudos for the previous absolutely QUICK
response to my 2 previous requests.

2nd – I have been using Geany on my 3 PI-4’s for approximately 2-3 years.
I’m, by no means. A pro yet—still learning.

3rd – Since it seems a long time between the Raspberry IOS to include the
later Geany updates, I would like to compile the v 1.37.1 code.

                I have downloaded the Geany source code and put it on my
development PI-4 according to Lex’s instructions.

I’ve tried to follow Lex’s
<https://wiki.geany.org/howtos/configurebuildmenu>
https://wiki.geany.org/howtos/configurebuildmenu  User Guide.

I get to the part about setting up the Set Build Commands and I get
confused.  I don’t intend to make any changes to the code.  I just want to a
bit newer than 1.33.

One final question: what character can be used as the 1st character of a
folder name to make it appear at the top of the FileManager listing?

Thanks,

Bob

Robert L. Miers, PE

1396 Goodwin Dr