[Geany-Users] vertical line spacing, line_height, filetypes.common

John Gabriele jgabriele at xxxxx
Fri May 29 23:29:31 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 29, 2020, at 7:00 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> On Sat, 30 May 2020 at 08:15, John Gabriele <jgabriele at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to increase the vertical spacing between lines.
> >
> > I found this issue <https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/1592>, and so went to "Tools --> Configuration Files --> filetypes.common", but changes I make and save there don't seem to have any effect. So, a few questions:
> >
> > 1. What is the syntax for this config file? Does a leading space indicate a comment? Do I need the pound sign or remove it?
>
> # == comment

Hi Lex. Thanks.

The file is filled with descriptive lines of text, but they are not commented. Is a leading space also considered a comment?

> > 2. What are the units for the line spacing (line_height). Pixels?
>
> yes
>

> > 3. How do I get my changes here to take affect?
>
> Save the filetypes.common opened from the menu above WFM.

What does WFM mean?

I've tried changing the settings, uncommenting the `[styling]` marker, changing the font, and restarting Geany, but nothing gets the line spacing to change.

This is on Debian Testing, with Geany 1.36.

> A quick search for `line_height` finds several issues like this,
> https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/2287#issuecomment-610713286
> where the exact content is shown.  You probably are missing the
> [styling] section.

Thanks for the link, and the help, but that doesn't appear to fix it. Any ideas what else could be the issue?

Thanks,
-- John