[Geany-Users] vertical line spacing, line_height, filetypes.common

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri May 29 23:00:42 UTC 2020

On Sat, 30 May 2020 at 08:15, John Gabriele <jgabriele at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to increase the vertical spacing between lines.
>
> I found this issue <https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/1592>, and so went to "Tools --> Configuration Files --> filetypes.common", but changes I make and save there don't seem to have any effect. So, a few questions:
>
> 1. What is the syntax for this config file? Does a leading space indicate a comment? Do I need the pound sign or remove it?

# == comment

> 2. What are the units for the line spacing (line_height). Pixels?

yes

> 3. How do I get my changes here to take affect?

Save the filetypes.common opened from the menu above WFM.

A quick search for `line_height` finds several issues like this,
https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/2287#issuecomment-610713286
where the exact content is shown.  You probably are missing the
[styling] section.