[Geany-Users] General question - Sub projects

m8847 m8847 at xxxxx
Fri Jul 31 07:39:08 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

Question about best practice of project set-up.

First off: I have been using Geany for many years now, thanks to everyone
involved in this project!

So:-
I have a project (embedded linux box) that has grown over the years, and now
includes about 15 processes, which are treated as individual sub project (eash
has its own makefile), each project are also included in a main Makefile.

Now, normally when we work on one of the projects/process, we only want to
compile/build that particular project, but there are some shared code, so
every now and then we also need to build the rest, just to make sure nothing
is affected.

Until now, I normally opens each sub project manually, but I wonder if there's
any way of collecting the projects, so one can start build of other/all sub/
siblings projects, and landing on any offending line?

I guess one solution is to create one project that includes every sub
projects, and always use the top make. But I'm not sure I like to run through
all the sub project each time I hit 'make'.

So I thought I should ask if there's a solution to this, or how you guys are
doing this / would do?

Regards,
 Micael