[Geany-Users] Debugger plugin deprecated?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Feb 22 18:56:27 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-22 10:11 a.m., Woodrow Stool wrote:
> Can't find the debugger plugin in any of the recent geany-plugins .deb
> distributions (I'm running Ubuntu).  Has this plugin been deprecated and
> use is no longer recommended?  If not, is the only way to install now to
> build from source, or am I missing something obvious here?  Thanks in
> advance for any assistance.

Some distributions switched to a GTK+3 build of Geany before all the
plugins were ported. Those plugins which weren't ported were left out of
the distribution packages.

The Debugger plugin (and I believe the Scope plugin) are both now ported
to GTK+ 3. You will, as you suspected, have to build from source if your
distro has not added newer versions of the plugin packages.

Some subset of the related bug reports about this:
https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/pull/791
https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/issues/942
https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/issues/913
https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/issues/758