[Geany-Users] Build on Debian Buster

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Dec 14 10:20:30 UTC 2020

On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 at 20:05, ken at shail.co.uk <ken at shail.co.uk> wrote:

> I have used the Git repository source for all versions 1.34 thro 1.37

Ok, its best to be sure.

> I have also tried the 1.34 tarball that had installed OK before on 32
> bit Debian 8.
> Same result on all.

Did you do `make clean` or similar each time you checked out a
different version and also ran at least configure, or preferably
autogen.sh again each time?

I am pretty sure some of the Geany devs use Debian (version unknown)
and so it should work fine, but remnants from previous builds will
definitely confuse the world.

> The Debian repository .deb version works OK.
> Once I can build I want to re-apply the changes that I made in my copy
> of 1.34 search.c  to save having to close and re-open the search dialog
> for every new search.

PS Why do you need to close the dialog each search?