[Geany-Users] Geany on OS X: cannot run Python code

Roger Moss roger at xxxxx
Tue Apr 21 06:54:53 UTC 2020

Hi Matthew

Thanks, yes, I've got xterm, I can open a terminal window and type xterm
in it, XQuartz starts up and a new xterm window appears OK.  I'm not an
OS X/Linux expert but bash and sh seem to work too.

If I have "Execute in the VTE" ticked, the terminal pane in Geany gives
the Warning: GnuTLS not enabled... message, nothing more (even with
"Don't use run script").

Without that, I get the "Cannot execute build commend" message.

My feeling is that Geany does not have permission to write a file like
/var/folders/_x/j4bl...very long string.../T/geany_run_script_5H9910.sh

I've got Geany on my Windows machine and it just works - somehow the Mac
is different.

Kind regards
Roger