[Geany-Users] Geany on OS X: cannot run Python code

Roger Moss roger at xxxxx
Mon Apr 20 19:43:46 UTC 2020

Hi everyone

I've just installed Geany 1.36 on my Mac (with OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra,
XCode 10.1+command line tools, Python 3.8.2).

I cannot get print('hello world') to run.  When I click the two gears
icon the status window shows a message:

    "Cannot execute build command "xterm -e "/bin/sh
    /var/folders/_x/j4bl...very long
    string.../T/geany_run_script_5H9910.sh"  No such file or directory.
    Check the terminal setting in Preferences".

The directory exists but there is no geany_run_script in it.

Also (don't know if this is related) the terminal window has a message:
"WARNING: GnuTLS not enabled: data will be written to disk unencrypted".

Any tips?  Does it usually just work?

Thanks

Roger