[Geany-Users] Linux middle mouse copy and paste

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Apr 16 23:44:18 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-14 9:32 a.m., Gösta Ljungdahl wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> Regarding Geany on Linux.
>

> I find using the middle mouse button for copy-paste operations very handy. But this does not work within one Geany session unless I first paste in another window (accepting a text copy). Why is the direct paste inhibited and can something be done to change the behaviour to standard?

It works here on Ubuntu 19.10 with GTK+3 build in X11.

Without more information about what kind of Linux setup you have, it's
hard to say. AFAIK this should work in any X11 desktop environment and
probably also in some Wayland ones. I know in Gnome Tweak Tool there's
an option to turn it on/off, which is defaulted to on here.

Regards,
Matthew Brush