[Geany-Users] send a block of text between two curly brackets to terminal

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Thu Oct 3 19:17:58 UTC 2019

Le 03/10/2019 à 18:47, Magicaltats Bianchi a écrit :
> Dear All,
> I use geany editor to write and debug R code. Is there a way inside
> geany where I can send to terminal an entire R function which is
> basically just a block of code enclosed within 2 curly brackets?

I don't think there currently is a super easy way, but basically the
idea would be to select the portion you'd like to send, and use the Send
selection to the terminal (Edit -> Commands -> Send selection to the
Terminal, which you can also bind to your preferred key combo).

It could possibly make sense to add a keybinding for selecting to the
matching brace, just like we have "go to matching brace", in which case
you could combine this plus the combo to send to the terminal and you'd
be all set.

Alternatively, you could probably fairly easily write a small plugin
that does just this, all at once.

Regards,
Colomban