[Geany-Users] Fwd: Geany to show whole file name

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at xxxxx
Mon Mar 25 21:09:03 UTC 2019

Apologies for not seeing that I needed to use 'reply all' - - - mea culpa!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Geany-Users] Geany to show whole file name
To: Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 1:51 PM Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> that somebody who hardcoded the 30 is me :)
>
> And here is the story behind:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/geany/bugs/298/

That's quite the file name in the listing - - - grin.

> I won't work myself on this but maybe somebody else (here somebody != me
> :D) might to open a pull request to make this configurable.

I'm asking because I really like to use complete names (think almost
descriptions)
and a date (often including time) for a file name. A date is 13 characters all
by itself (20190325T1440 as the present date/time for an example) so
I've onlyand a date (often including time) for a file name. A date is
13 characters
got 17 characters for the rest of my information - - - that's not very
much - - -
ergo therefore the ask - - - please?

Regards

Dee