[Geany-Users] Can't import local module. Need mainloop()

Georg Klingenberg georg.klingenberg at xxxxx
Mon Dec 16 09:12:26 UTC 2019

the main loop of a GUI tries to act like an internet browser: disguise as OS
and
do as you like; it's actually the bottom line of 'social networks' (or even
wider,
humans simply act like that: finding out without leaving the cover); I just
wonder
how long they can sell there 'data analysis' (AI, there selling label, is
older than
anyone's live on this planet but still working fine); don't fight, be
amused..
have a nice day

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Marlin
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2019 11:55 PM
To: users at lists.geany.org
Subject: Re: [Geany-Users] Can't import local module. Need mainloop()

On 12/14/19 2:40 PM, Paul Marlin wrote:

PS: I'm sure this belongs in a separate thread; but I got cocky and
tried an alarm clock program that I had written involving a tkinter
GUI.  It worked fine in Idle; but all I got from Geany was a terminal
window telling me the exit code was 0.  Using the ancient dicotomy of
system vs. applcation programing, wouldn't it be fair to say all
application programs are GUI?