[Geany-Users] Can't import local module. Need mainloop()

Paul Marlin wurfsendungen at xxxxx
Sat Dec 14 22:55:03 UTC 2019

On 12/14/19 2:40 PM, Paul Marlin wrote:

PS: I'm sure this belongs in a separate thread; but I got cocky and
tried an alarm clock program that I had written involving a tkinter
GUI.  It worked fine in Idle; but all I got from Geany was a terminal
window telling me the exit code was 0.  Using the ancient dicotomy of
system vs. applcation programing, wouldn't it be fair to say all
application programs are GUI?

Please ignore this.  Idle displays the GUI without the mainloop()
function.  When I added it, Geany displays the GUI as well.