[Geany-Users] Problem source-compiling 1.34.1 on Debian 9

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Apr 13 22:07:19 UTC 2019

Le 13/04/2019 à 13:32, Lex Trotman a écrit :
> On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 at 20:47, Colomban Wendling
> <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Le 11/04/2019 à 03:08, e.antonoff--- via Users a écrit :
>>> […]
>>>
>>> Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/8N89YSsR
>>>
>>> What happens is after completing the make install command, I still have
>>> 1.29 installed and the weird is that in the bin subdirectory of where
>>> the sources are I also have 1.29, instead of the freshly compiled 1.34.1.
>>>
>>> Please inspect my pastebin, reach me for more details, if needed. I
>>> already sent message to the package maintainer with request to upgrade
>>> the package, but still - I want to be able to do this myself.
>>
>> It's odd, but maybe the system is finding libgeany 1.29 you probably
>> have in /usr/lib.  Try running the following:
>>
>> $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib/geany
>>
>> If it doesn't help, try this:
>>
>> $ sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib
>
> Hmmm, using /usr/local/lib should have done that, see line 476 of the
> dropbox, but maybe it did find libgeany ... the old one in /usr/lib
> which is always searched.

That's my guess suggesting this.  And using the wrong libgeany is the
only explanation I have for the wrong version number here.

BTW, Eugene: what does

$ ldd /usr/local/bin/geany

give you?