[Geany-Users] Problem source-compiling 1.34.1 on Debian 9

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Apr 13 11:32:08 UTC 2019

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 at 20:47, Colomban Wendling
<lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 11/04/2019 à 03:08, e.antonoff--- via Users a écrit :
> > […]
> >
> > Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/8N89YSsR
> >
> > What happens is after completing the make install command, I still have
> > 1.29 installed and the weird is that in the bin subdirectory of where
> > the sources are I also have 1.29, instead of the freshly compiled 1.34.1.
> >
> > Please inspect my pastebin, reach me for more details, if needed. I
> > already sent message to the package maintainer with request to upgrade
> > the package, but still - I want to be able to do this myself.
>
> It's odd, but maybe the system is finding libgeany 1.29 you probably
> have in /usr/lib.  Try running the following:
>
> $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib/geany
>
> If it doesn't help, try this:
>
> $ sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib

Hmmm, using /usr/local/lib should have done that, see line 476 of the
dropbox, but maybe it did find libgeany ... the old one in /usr/lib
which is always searched.