[Geany-Users] running cmd from build

Geoff Kaniuk geoff at xxxxx
Thu May 24 14:28:28 UTC 2018

On 24/05/18 13:03, rhkramer at gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 06:34:19 PM Joe McCarron via Users wrote:
>>   So, finally got it to work.  Changed my shebang from  #!/usr/bin python to
>>    #!/usr/bin/python (without space) I was still getting an error for the
>> working directory so i moved %d/%f into the command then it worked.Thanks
>> for your help.
>
> I'm sorry, I'm drawing a blank (and google [linux bash %d] and man bash aren't
> helping) (probably a senior moment / minute / ??).  What do %d and %f mean?

%d and %f are Geany specific symbols.  They are well described in the
geany manual:
  https://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html
> (And, for extra credit, is a space ever valid in a shebang?)

There is quite a nice article in Wikipedia on shebang - it defines the
syntax of the shebang line.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_(Unix)

I can appreciate your situation as you have just switched from Windows
to Linux - I have done exactly that some years back.  In my opinion one
really does eventually have to get to grips with the command-line
features.

The best sources for me are the gnu manuals obtained from
https://www.gnu.org/.  In particular, the bash and coreutils manuals are
indispensable.

Geoff