[Geany-Users] Disable syntax highlighting in .sh files

Andrew Kennedy andrew_kennedy7 at xxxxx
Tue Aug 28 20:03:48 UTC 2018

Thanks.

Instead of deleting the rest, I just commented them out. Just in case. :-)

Andrew Kennedy

Sent via personal computer"It is always too soon to quit."

    On Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 2:49:10 PM CDT, Dominic Hopf via Users <users at lists.geany.org> wrote:

 Greetings,
On Wed, 2018-08-22 at 22:21 +0000, Andrew Kennedy via Users wrote:
> status says .sh
>
> I need all .sh files to open with no highlighting.

Even if I'm a bit late and you probably already solved this, I'd
suggest to try an alternate way which should work if I remember it
correctly:

1. cp /usr/share/geany/filetype_extensions.conf to ~/.config/geany/
2. Start Geany
3. Go to Menu -> Configuration Files -> filetype_extentions.conf
4. Delete everything but the line starting with Sh (line 63 here, this
may vary)
5. Remove .sh extension from the remaining line

That way there shouldn't be anything automatically happening with .sh
files at all and you've just overridden that setting for Shell files.

Regards,
Dominic