[Geany-Users] <DKIM> Re: Hilight current line while searching

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Apr 7 08:22:56 UTC 2018

On 7 April 2018 at 18:05, Jérôme Andanson via Users
<users at lists.geany.org> wrote:
> Le 05/04/2018 à 10:05, Lex Trotman a écrit :
>> On 5 April 2018 at 17:06, Jérôme Andanson via Users
>> <users at lists.geany.org> wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I use Geany 1.32 on linux mint, i want to found a way to highlight the
>>> line where the needle is found while using searching tools.
>>>
>>> It seem's the highlighting is only applied when editor have focus, and
>>> in this case, focus is on the search window.
>> The Scintilla editing widget Geany uses has the ability to make the
>> current line highlight visible always, focus or not, but its is one of
>> a number of Scintilla settings Geany doesn't expose.  It is just a
>> matter of programming, but somebody has to do it.
> Thanks, I'm very glad to know it's possible, so we can create an issue
> (feature request) in github for this ?

Anything can be requested, its very rare for requests to be rejected,
more usually they await somebody who wants them enough to implement
them.

> Where will be the better place for exposing this setting ?

Not sure what you meant here, so two answers:

1) yes github is the best place

2) probably the best place for the setting is in
preferences->editor->features since editor->display which is its
natural home is a bit full, but an issue would be the place to
bikeshed it.