[Geany-Users] Hilight current line while searching

bendov at gmx.com bendov at xxxxx
Fri Apr 6 00:10:59 UTC 2018

I'm not sure I understand your question, but...
You want to highlight the "current line" - where the "cursor" is (that
you call "the needle")?  Is that correct?
In Geany themes, the cursor is called the caret (even though

In the geany theme, the "current_line" property controls *if* AND what
color is used for background.
Notice in the Himbeere.conf theme, he uses "current_line=;#000;true"
He's setting only the 2nd argument (using ;#000;true), but since the
current line color is near or = the normal background color, the
currently selected line color doesn't show up.

Conversely, on a light background theme (assume white), if you use
"current_line=;#DCFEDC;true" that gives a pale green background for
currently selected line.

I see now that the BG color (2nd argument) used in marker_line, gets
replaced w/ the "current_line" color, once the mouse cursor moves over
Geany's main display.
So if you want the current line to be colored, choose a current_line
color that contrasts just enough to see against the theme's normal
background, but not so dark that it obscures some text colors.

Another thing - if you / anyone has trouble finding the super thin
cursor, it can be made "bold" - which makes it several times wider than
default size.
caret=#09A709;#000;true;false makes a dark green, wide cursor that
covers most of a normal sized letter or number.
Some may not like the cursor that doesn't "fit between" 2 letters. But
w/ a fat cursor (that's easy to find), the next character you type is
placed before the character that the fat cursor highlights. Some
programs call that a "block" style cursor & the other thin line is just
the thinnest line that can be drawn and still visible to the naked human
eye . :D