[Geany-Users] Cleany

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Oct 9 00:56:02 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I made a simple (perhaps too simple) script to make it easier to use
Geany for simple "per-directory tree" projects. It can be found here:

   https://github.com/codebrainz/cleany

The main goal is to let you fire up Geany with a clean config (get it,
cleany?) for a specific project directory. It makes Geany dump all of
the global and project configuration into a hidden directory within the
project directory, which can easily be ignored by most tools.

You can spin up a clean Geany project like this:

   $ cleany myProjectPathHere

Next time you hack on this project, just call `cleany` again with the
same path and you'll be back with the exact configuration, loaded files,
activated plugins, customized filetypes, etc. as you were before,
without interfering with your usual Geany usage.

I'm interested to see what people think, keeping in mind that I'm
terrible at Bash scripting and only spent 20 minutes on making and
testing this :)

Regards,
Matthew Brush