[Geany-Users] Copy and paste files?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue May 9 00:18:47 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-08 02:54 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> On 9 May 2017 at 01:34, Chris Spencer <chrisspen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a plugin that allows the one of the sidebar tabs to support copying
>> and pasting files? Neither the "project" nor "tree browser" nor "files" nor
>> "documents" tabs seem to have this ability.
>
> No.  Its called the file manager, and comes with your operating system.
>
> [Disclaimer: its one of my pet peeves that people expect us to waste
> time duplicating system functions, others disagree, YMMV]

I disagree. All current OSes, including most popular Linux distros, have
horrible file managers (ie. no explorer tree, annoying UIs, crippled
features, etc).

Also it's incredibly handy to have file management right at your
fingertips without having to context switch into the OS and fumble with
whatever that platform tries to pass off as a file manager. Managing
files is a huge part of working with a source base, and IMO is
completely appropriate to have available in an IDE (presumably why all
IDEs have some form of file management).

Regards,
Matthew Brush