[Geany-Users] Copy and paste files?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon May 8 21:54:38 UTC 2017

On 9 May 2017 at 01:34, Chris Spencer <chrisspen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a plugin that allows the one of the sidebar tabs to support copying
> and pasting files? Neither the "project" nor "tree browser" nor "files" nor
> "documents" tabs seem to have this ability.

No.  Its called the file manager, and comes with your operating system.

[Disclaimer: its one of my pet peeves that people expect us to waste
time duplicating system functions, others disagree, YMMV]

PS Such file management operations made sense as part of refactoring
functions in tightly integrated IDEs like Eclipse which managed the
build.  But Geany is a lightweight IDE and is not integrated to that
extent.