[Geany-Users] Multiple projects support?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed Jun 14 20:00:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

Le 14/06/2017 à 10:01, Lars Paulsen a écrit :
> […]
>
> Would it be theoretically possible to write a plugin for that? Or do you
> know any design constraints which would make this impossible?

I thought GeanyPrj allowed that, but as I never used it myself I can be
wrong.  Anyway, I don't see an obvious reason why a plugin couldn't do
this, but it probably depends on what coupling with Geany's projects it
would like to have, as Geany itself can really only have one of its
"projects" open at once.  But nothing should stop you from having a
separate representation of the projects somehow, or some kind of dynamic
open/close etc., or whichever design you choose.  And know that although
it might not be a super fast process because we're all volunteer with
our own lives beside it, we generally are happy to expose the API plugin
authors needs if it sounds reasonable to us (e.g. has a "valid" use case
and no obvious problematic consequences).

Regards,
Colomban