[Geany-Users] Geany for novel writers

Little Girl littlergirl at xxxxx
Sat Jun 3 11:35:51 UTC 2017

Hey there,

Lex Trotman wrote:

> Of course there are some fairly standard sequences like escape for
> the Vi-ists and another one for the Sublime-ists and probably
> something like M-x-C bring-back-the-menu; or similar in emacs,
> nobody agrees on a "standard".
>
> And my feeling is that so long as F1 for help works, people should
> be able to read how to bring it back, but to be blunt, it seems that
> crashing and then screaming on IRC is the prefered method (in my
> experience from another project) so I am not personally really pro
> making the menu disappear.

Maybe a happy medium would be something similar to the way the mouse
cursor disappears after a few seconds when watching a YouTube video.
You could have the menu disappear after a few seconds of inactivity,
but show back up again on *any* activity, so it wouldn't matter what
a user tried, because everything would bring the menu back.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.