[Geany-Users] Geany for novel writers

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Jun 3 08:19:48 UTC 2017

> Maybe a small warning before entering full screen mode with a hard coded
> "bring back" shortcut?
> Sorry for disturbing, I'm not a power user in any sense.

Nobody reads small warnings and its too late after you have hidden the
menu :)  And of course if you know what you are doing the warning is a
pain.

Of course there are some fairly standard sequences like escape for the
Vi-ists and another one for the Sublime-ists and probably something
like M-x-C bring-back-the-menu; or similar in emacs, nobody agrees on
a "standard".

And my feeling is that so long as F1 for help works, people should be
able to read how to bring it back, but to be blunt, it seems that
crashing and then screaming on IRC is the prefered method (in my
experience from another project) so I am not personally really pro
making the menu disappear.