[Geany-Users] Sorting a selection of code

Little Girl littlergirl at xxxxx
Sun Apr 16 14:24:46 UTC 2017

Hey there,

rch wrote:

>     Line Operations' option to
>         Sort Lines Ascending||Descending
>     looks good
>
>     But when I try it, instead of sorting my Selection,
>     it sorts the whole file ...
>
>     Whereas in the same file, Geany's
>         Edit->Format->Send Selection to->Sort
>     sorts just the Selection, as expected
>
>     So what am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure. I just opened Geany, typed a few unsorted lines of text
into it, selected some of them, used Line Operations to sort them,
and only the selected lines got sorted. If it helps any, I'm using
Geany 1.30.1 under Linux Mint MATE, and I hadn't saved the file when
I did the test.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.