[Geany-Users] Problem with using Deja Vu Sans in Geany

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Mon Apr 3 20:17:16 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 9:25 PM, Samuel Loy <sams.silly.stuff at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Geany 1.26 "Rosset" on Mac Os X 10.10.5, I'm trying to change my
> font from the default Courier to Deja Vu Sans.
>
> My problem is that when I select the font and the regular font weight of
> "book," that all my code displays in bold which is harder to read and it
> doesn't allow for certain keywords to be bolded as before.
>
> I've googled for solutions and I've tried to read the configuration
> documentation, and either I can't find the place where the proper font
> formatting of the default font can be set or I'm not understanding the docs.

Hi Samuel,

I can reproduce the issue too - unfortunately I doubt it's a Geany bug,
it's more probably a bug somewhere in Geany dependencies like GTK or pango
which unfortunately aren't very actively maintained for OS X.

There's one possible workaround - when you uninstall the bold variant of
the font from the system and only keep the "Book" one, the text isn't bold
any more. But depends whether you don't need the bold variant for something
else.

Cheers,

Jiri