[Geany-Users] Any way to make geany recognize modelines for syntax coloring?

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Tue Jan 12 20:58:38 UTC 2016

Am 12.01.2016 um 17:23 schrieb Karma Kolabor:
> Hi, Thomas,
>
> thanks for the quick answer - unfortunately I can not get it to work.
>
> I have this on top of the file (this is btw a Vagrantfile, so you can
> easily reproduce):
> # -*- mode: ruby -*-
> # vi: set ft=ruby :
>
> then I am using this regex in the extract_filetype_regex setting:
>
> That should match the first line - but no syntax highlighting is happening.
> The regex should be ok, see http://regexr.com/3cids
>
> what am I missing?

I think we could trivially support case insensitivity, either as part of
the regex specification or as a separate checkbox (or simply
unconditionally). Can you please create an issue[1] for that so it
doesn't get forgotten?

[1] https://github.com/geany/geany/issues

best regards.