[Geany-Users] Macros should block use of reserved keys...

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Dec 23 10:22:53 UTC 2016

On 23 December 2016 at 19:29, Steve <tesquincrydd at charter.net> wrote:
> ...as well as the use of keys for accelerators that do other things just by
> reason of what they're called (like Page Up, Print Screen etc.).

Well the plugin does seem to just plain ignore attempts to define keys
that Geany has defined.  But since Geany does not know about OS and
desktop definitions it  can't do anything about them.

> And they don't. Frankly that's scary to a non-developer like me.
>
> Besides which, I have tried half a dozen accelerator key combinations with
> F-keys that I know aren't reserved, and _they don't work no matter what I do
> (see my previous email re: macros and rebooting).

Keys that are not defined (eg f2 or alt+f3) work for me, but again I
am using a different desktop which may have different keys defined.

> Believe me, if I knew any Python, or could get someone in the Google Group
> to answer my posts, I'd be doing with AutoKey instead.

Well, we have had reports of problems with autokey if I recall.