[Geany-Users] Create custom lexer: segmentation fault

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Dec 18 09:00:32 UTC 2016

Your two backtraces show different things, the -old one indeed shows a
crash during document open, inside scintilla but to do with closing
the blank page in the notebook before opening your file.  The crash is
in libgail which (IIUC) is used in ATK the accessibility technology
for which there were some new additions to scintilla recently.

The -new backtrace shows a crash while shutting down Geany, not
opening a file, but again in libgail while closing a notebook tab.

These may not be related to your lexer, you are just "lucky" to manage
to cause the problem to occur.  Hopefully the ATK expert will be in
touch if thats the cause since (presumably) this doesn't happen with
his system.

PS I'm using the same system as you, but running a GTK3 build of Geany.