[Geany-Users] Bash Script Line Endings - Convert to LF for Unix Automatically When Detected?

OwN-3m-All own3mall at xxxxx
Wed Dec 7 01:15:10 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Would it be possible for Geany to automatically set the line endings
to LF for Unix when working with bash scripts?  I would suggest that
if a file is detected as a bash script, the line ending setting should
be automatically changed to LF.  Also, if the extension is .sh, I
would also like the line ending mode to be set to LF automatically.

I have been burned so many times since I sometimes write my scripts in
Windows depending on which computer I am using.  Since bash scripts do
not run on Windows, they should probably always be converted to LF
line endings.

Is there a way to do this currently, or could this be added as a new feature?

I love using Geany!