[Geany-Users] Search in file with Keyboard

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Apr 27 00:33:58 UTC 2016

On 27 April 2016 at 10:22, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 2016-04-26 05:05 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
>>
>> By default Find Next is bound to `<primary>g`.  Menu->help->Keyboard
>> Shortcuts shows a list of current keybindings.
>>

> Unfortunately that won't work as-is since the normal editor keybindings
> aren't triggered when the Search dialog has focus, which it gets when opened
> with Ctrl+F and keeps event after the Search dialog is activated to find a
> match with the Enter key. To use it, you'd have to re-focus the main window
> with Alt+Tab or whatever the environment uses for switching between
> top-level windows.

Correct, I interpreted "keyboard only" as meaning without the dialog open.

The other nice thing is that <ctrl>g works for searches initiated from
the toolbar as well.  In fact I have re-bound <ctrl>f to toolbar
search and almost never use the find dialog.  This provides a
reasonable emulation of modern search as it happens in browsers and
other tools.